Let me just start by saying that 2017. was a very good year for me, both personally and professionally. I made a bunch of connections, learned a bunch of stuff, and had a lot of fun.
Working at Infinum
Last season of talks ended with a panel that hosted a bunch of great developers from very good companies in Croatia. If you have an hour to spend have a listen.
This season started not so strong but it was still very good and very fun. We’ll continue hosting the talks in the future and I’ll be looking at bringing more and more external speakers. If you have an idea for a talk hit me up!
This was the year for me and open source. I started contributing to webpack-contrib/webpack-canary but unfortunately due to work and it mostly being over my head I’ve fallen behind a bit. I hope to either get back to the project or start contributing to something that I can work on even when I’m a bit tired.
Oh, boy, did I travel this year, and this year is looking great as well, here is the list and a few photos.
- VoxxedDays Vienna - March
- WeAreDevelopers Vienna - May
- Weblica Cakovec - May (I even spoke here)
- Shift Split - June, I met Chris Heilmann there
- Baska Island of Krk, August with my girlfriend
There is a post coming for this but I went from all Mikrotik and Cisco Meraki network, thru a single Linksys router, and ended up with a Ubiquiti setup of dreams.
Other fun stuff and photos
- Take a look at my VT510 project
- My dotfiles went thru a bunch of iterations
- I had a fling with VIM for about a month and had fun, switched back to VSC :(
- I made a thing with Google Assistant, Ansible, and DigitalOcean
- I started running a lot, at 15 km now; not planning on stopping anytime soon
- Bought a new car - Kia Cee’d
- Had a cat for like a week, he didn’t adjust so he went back :(